Some reflections of Group 321 in Session 2 on 26 April 2008
Blog and Wiki are just examples of Web 2.0 elements to be expanded in the imminent future. We start to learn new things/ IT techniques from time to time to support our fellow teachers in teaching and in turn to benefit students in their studies.
Below-mentioned are some of our reflections:
- As Notice board – info distribution/ display;
- Feedback captured from viewers: be they fellow teachers or students;
- Experience sharing/ mutual support for school library practitioners;
- Story-telling platform for youngsters; or as platform for them to present;
- Promotion/ packaging of library services to attract readers to use library service;
- As a service provider, we as the school librarians should start ‘selling’ our services/ products to our users/ clients --- fellow teachers or students to make available all relevant resources to support effective teaching --- bearing in mind that library is an info. (knowledge hub of the school in the years to come;
- To be more open and to be IT literate
(2) Wiki or Wikipedia
- As a source of ready and updated info. for quick reference;
- Can be a search engine;
- As Info. Content Provider, we can help to disseminate and share info. globally;
- To promote ‘sharing’ culture in the internet era.
(3) Overall reflections
There are a lot of useful and practicable examples in Web 2.0 as mentioned in your last lecture. We wonder if time permits we should be able to take the advantages of each of the free wares in particular the “Go2Web2.0.net” by examining closely the functionalities and application of each of them in the coming summer holidays.