Monday, June 9, 2008
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Google IO 2008 - Opensocial, a Standard for the Social Web
From: chanezon, 14 hours ago
OpenSocial is an open specification defining a common API that works on many different social websites, including MySpace, Plaxo, Hi5, Ning, orkut, Salesforce.com and LinkedIn, among others. This allows developers to learn one API, then write a social application for any of those sites: Learn once, write anywhere.
In this session we will explain what OpenSocial is, show examples of OpenSocial containers and applications, demonstrate how to create an OpenSocial application, and explain how to leverage Apache Shindig in order to implement an OpenSocial container.
第 21回 「吉 鴨 航 遊 」2 5 - 0 5 - 2 0 0 8
庸 社行 友網頁 http://yungshehhikers.org/
★ Blogger (School Library Homepage Blog);
★ flickr (almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world. ..);
★ YouTube + TeacherTube (provide an online community for sharing instructional teacher videos, etc.);
★ zoho work online;
★ Google Docs and Spreadsheets;
★ RSS Feeds;
★ GO2WEB20 (a comprehensive index of logos of the latest web 2.0 applications and services; a website which is worth visit and re-visits from time to time to acquire more information of Web 2.0 development);
In terms of application, we will let students develop Web 2.0 literacy side by side with the staging of utilization of more Web 2.0 open wares and techniques. We will always share the users' experience with peer school teacher-librarians in the existing Diploma Course and hence a local Web 2.0 community can be fostered.
Looking forward to emerging Web 3.0, Web 4.0 and Web 5.0 …….
Monday, May 19, 2008
Useful book stores suggested by members of Group 321
|Name of book stores||links||comments|
|Joint Publisher||http://www.jointpublishing.com.hk/||provide PRC publication|
|The Commerical Press (H.K) Ltd.||http://www.hkcp.com/ww/index.html||negotiated price for bulk order|
|Popular Holdings||http://www.popular.com.hk/||discount for members|
|Cosmos Book||http://www.cosmosbooks.com.hk/||new books for lesuire|
Maybe it is the right time for us to plan for the application/ integration of such tool in the new school term 2008-09.
Monday, May 12, 2008
I will suggest the subject group of Liberal Studies to use delicious. Because they have no text book, their members have to search information for teacher material before lesson, delicious facilitate a platform to share what are good and most useful in such subject.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Monday, April 28, 2008
Blog and Wiki are just examples of Web 2.0 elements to be expanded in the imminent future. We start to learn new things/ IT techniques from time to time to support our fellow teachers in teaching and in turn to benefit students in their studies.
Below-mentioned are some of our reflections:
- As Notice board – info distribution/ display;
- Feedback captured from viewers: be they fellow teachers or students;
- Experience sharing/ mutual support for school library practitioners;
- Story-telling platform for youngsters; or as platform for them to present;
- Promotion/ packaging of library services to attract readers to use library service;
- As a service provider, we as the school librarians should start ‘selling’ our services/ products to our users/ clients --- fellow teachers or students to make available all relevant resources to support effective teaching --- bearing in mind that library is an info. (knowledge hub of the school in the years to come;
- To be more open and to be IT literate
(2) Wiki or Wikipedia
- As a source of ready and updated info. for quick reference;
- Can be a search engine;
- As Info. Content Provider, we can help to disseminate and share info. globally;
- To promote ‘sharing’ culture in the internet era.
(3) Overall reflections
There are a lot of useful and practicable examples in Web 2.0 as mentioned in your last lecture. We wonder if time permits we should be able to take the advantages of each of the free wares in particular the “Go2Web2.0.net” by examining closely the functionalities and application of each of them in the coming summer holidays.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Saturday, April 19, 2008
- user friendly, e.g. we can follow the instruction then to create a communication network
- mobility: easy to access anywhere and anytime
- platform with many functions e.g. sharing, searching
- information can be update easily
- many web sites are in English
- selection of suitable internet tools to different students
- adaptability of hardware (equipment) , expensive for school and students
★ I'm working as a Teacher Librarian in a secondary school.
★ Hobbies: Hiking and photography.
★ At present, busily helping my friend to edit a souvenir issue (book) to commemorate the 10th anniversary of a uniformed group for students (1998 - 2008). I like this job very much and I will do my best to materialize it.
★ Let me introduce to you my favourite website where I get local hiking news of some voluntary hiking team(s). Please try the following link of Yung Sheh Hikers (庸社行友) with a long history of 76 years since its establishment : http://yungshehhikers.org/
You are welcome to browse a lot of beautiful pictures on each occasion when a trip is staged. For example, last week the team has visited a local fantastic spot called Chuen Lung Village (川龍村), a renowned village at mid-level of Tai Mo Shan (大帽山).
The following are some of the trips to be recently organized:
★ Year 76 Trip No. 22 (08-Jun-2008): From Wong Tai Sin (Kowloon) to Pok Hong (Sha Tin, N.T.);
★ Year 76 Trip No. 23 (22-Jun-2008): Ma Wan (Lantau Island) Walk;
★ Year 76 Trip No. 24 (06-Jul-2008): Tsing Yi (Tsing Yi Island) Walk;
★ Year 76 Trip No. 25 (20-Jul-2008): From Western District near HKU campus to Wan Chai;
★ Year 76 Trip No. 26 (03-Aug-2008): From Lam Tin (Eastern Kowloon) to Tseung Kwan O;
★ Still more to post ......
第 2 1 回 「吉 鴨 航 遊 」(Kap O Island and Ap Chau Island, North-East N.T.)
2 5 - 0 5 - 2 0 0 8