Monday, April 28, 2008
Blog and Wiki are just examples of Web 2.0 elements to be expanded in the imminent future. We start to learn new things/ IT techniques from time to time to support our fellow teachers in teaching and in turn to benefit students in their studies.
Below-mentioned are some of our reflections:
- As Notice board – info distribution/ display;
- Feedback captured from viewers: be they fellow teachers or students;
- Experience sharing/ mutual support for school library practitioners;
- Story-telling platform for youngsters; or as platform for them to present;
- Promotion/ packaging of library services to attract readers to use library service;
- As a service provider, we as the school librarians should start ‘selling’ our services/ products to our users/ clients --- fellow teachers or students to make available all relevant resources to support effective teaching --- bearing in mind that library is an info. (knowledge hub of the school in the years to come;
- To be more open and to be IT literate
(2) Wiki or Wikipedia
- As a source of ready and updated info. for quick reference;
- Can be a search engine;
- As Info. Content Provider, we can help to disseminate and share info. globally;
- To promote ‘sharing’ culture in the internet era.
(3) Overall reflections
There are a lot of useful and practicable examples in Web 2.0 as mentioned in your last lecture. We wonder if time permits we should be able to take the advantages of each of the free wares in particular the “Go2Web2.0.net” by examining closely the functionalities and application of each of them in the coming summer holidays.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Saturday, April 19, 2008
- user friendly, e.g. we can follow the instruction then to create a communication network
- mobility: easy to access anywhere and anytime
- platform with many functions e.g. sharing, searching
- information can be update easily
- many web sites are in English
- selection of suitable internet tools to different students
- adaptability of hardware (equipment) , expensive for school and students
★ I'm working as a Teacher Librarian in a secondary school.
★ Hobbies: Hiking and photography.
★ At present, busily helping my friend to edit a souvenir issue (book) to commemorate the 10th anniversary of a uniformed group for students (1998 - 2008). I like this job very much and I will do my best to materialize it.
★ Let me introduce to you my favourite website where I get local hiking news of some voluntary hiking team(s). Please try the following link of Yung Sheh Hikers (庸社行友) with a long history of 76 years since its establishment : http://yungshehhikers.org/
You are welcome to browse a lot of beautiful pictures on each occasion when a trip is staged. For example, last week the team has visited a local fantastic spot called Chuen Lung Village (川龍村), a renowned village at mid-level of Tai Mo Shan (大帽山).
The following are some of the trips to be recently organized:
★ Year 76 Trip No. 22 (08-Jun-2008): From Wong Tai Sin (Kowloon) to Pok Hong (Sha Tin, N.T.);
★ Year 76 Trip No. 23 (22-Jun-2008): Ma Wan (Lantau Island) Walk;
★ Year 76 Trip No. 24 (06-Jul-2008): Tsing Yi (Tsing Yi Island) Walk;
★ Year 76 Trip No. 25 (20-Jul-2008): From Western District near HKU campus to Wan Chai;
★ Year 76 Trip No. 26 (03-Aug-2008): From Lam Tin (Eastern Kowloon) to Tseung Kwan O;
★ Still more to post ......
第 2 1 回 「吉 鴨 航 遊 」(Kap O Island and Ap Chau Island, North-East N.T.)
2 5 - 0 5 - 2 0 0 8